Sunday, July 25, 2010

My first day taking care of Emmitt!

Thursday I took care of Emmitt & his big brother Rion. I got to Brandy's at 7am, I had already asked Brandy what his routine was. Brandy had a board on the fridge, saying to change him when he woke & that he was fed about every 3 hours. At 7.30 Natalie, Brandy's sister got home from work, she works nights. At about 8a.m Emmitt woke & I went into his room to see my Lil' SweetE :) I took his diaper off with Natalie watching me, I asked her to make sure I put the clean one on right! As I took the diaper off he peed all over me, Natalie said I was now inducted into the family!!

His first bottle was 9am. He was good, took a while to burp, which he's not good at & went in his swing by 10. Then it was play time with Rion :) 11.15 Emmitt was awake, I pick him up & his back is wet through & so is the swing! I didn't make a good job of that first dipaer I put on, I changed Emmitt & his clothes. At 12.15 he had his next bottle, by 1pm he was in his crib, as his swing was still wet!! More play time with Rion.

2.45 Emmitt was awake & a little wet round one leg, got his clothes changed again!! I'm sure his Mommy is going to think I just wanted to try all these clothes on!! (By the time I left I had figured out how tight the diaper needed to be. No more leaks, I was very pleased with myself!!) Fed him, but this time he didn't want to go to sleep, just cry!! I think he had a little tummy ache, the only way to calm him was to walk with him over my shoulder & rub his back. He went to sleep, in his crib he went. 5 minutes later he was crying again, same routine over the shoulder & he was asleep. This time i sat on the sofa cuddling him & he was happily asleep.

Gareth got in at 5, changed into shorts & t.shirt, Emmitt was crying because he was hungry again. Gareth took him & was feeding him when I left. It was a good day, but boy does my arm hurt!!

The photo's I took while I was there, I love his chubby cheeks, I couldn't resist kissing them! The one of Gareth holding Emmitt, Emmitt was crying lustily, but you can still see the love in his Daddy's eyes. Will be back Monday for more loving:)







4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a day you had! Beautiful photos Lin!

4 Lettre Words said...

Both of my boys LOVED to pee all over when changed. I actually kinda miss those days! :o)

Lisa said...

These are beautiful pictures but what else would you get with such beautiful boys. I am sure you will enjoy this job.

Sheila said...

I love the photos! :)

I swear, when my son was a baby, nearly every time I changed his diaper, I had to change his clothes too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila