Sunday, August 22, 2010

Poor Bird :(

We were having our weekly conversation with our friend's in the UK via Skype this afternoon. I let out a shriek & flew out of the front door! One of the cats from across the road, had just jumped up the trunk of the tree & snatched a Red Cardinal feeding from my bird feeder.



It had been raining, but I chased the cat across the road in my now squelching socks, to see if I could save the bird. Alas it was too late, the cat had killed it. We are going out to buy a pole to hang the feeder from. I cannot let any more birds lose their lives to the cats.

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Ohhh! How sad-I know it is the way life is -preadtors and all- but I still don't like it when it happens...especially when the animal thinks it should be safe. Diana

Cheryl said...

Sorry you didn't get to it in time!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

I can't even watch these documentaries o animals killing others in Africa. Like you said Diana, it's part of life, but it is still sad. Even more so when it's outside your window!

Unknown said...

OMG...Coincidently, I rescued a baby bird on Thursday from a Hawk! It seemed to be doing well, eating and all...and then alas, this morning (sunday) it died...I was so sad...I know how you feel!

Sheila said...

Aw, poor bird! :(

My cat is an inside cat, but if he was ever allowed outside, there would not be a safe bird, squirrel or lizard around.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila