Friday, August 6, 2010

It's not really a fountain after all!

Photobucket

For the last few weeks our downspout has been spouting a fountain out of it. I must say it has looked quite nice :) A neighbor even asked me if I had rigged it to do that to water my pineapples! Unfortunately I'm not that smart to think of something like that!!


I got hubby to go up the ladder & check the gutter & the top of the pipe for blockages, it was all okay.

Today we had a friend who is a handyman over. We were telling him about it, he reckoned it was blocked where the bend is. He took it apart from the top & took the bend off, it was all clear. He could then look down the pipe, he said it was full of debris!

He took the bottom off & emptied all the leaves & gunk out of it. No wonder it had been spouting water!!



It's now all back together again, but it's not really a fountain after all!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Oh my goodness! At least it was an easy fix. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila