Thursday, August 19, 2010

My other "babies"

When Keith & I decided to let Gareth have a pet, it was a dog. We never liked cats or wanted cats. So how did I end up with 6 of them!!

Before we lost Jordan & our other dog Denver, a stray Tabby came into our lives. Gareth found her outside one night hungry & thirsty. She spent the next 2 nights under a bush by the garage door. Then made her way in via the garage, utility room, then family room!!



Tabby is such a sweet cat, we were told she was about a year old when we found her & had been spayed!! How did she go & produce a litter of 5 kittens then some months later!! lol. She had quite a menagerie too. One like herself, one tiger stripe, one siamese & two pure white with grey tails & noses!! The 2 white one's got adopted, the tiger one got adopted too, only to come back the next day as his owner had asthma!!

We ended up keeping the other 3, Tiger, Little Tabbby & Simeze.



Tiger is the biggest of all the cats & also has the nickname of the Wussy Pussy!! He is scared of loud noises & will run from anything. He loves having his tummy rubbed & was the only one to play with Harley when we took her in.



Little Tabby is not so little, she is bigger than her Mom!! She has been tested for thyroid problems & numerous others too. She is overweight, rarely eats & doesn't excercise much, unless she has her little fluffy ball! She's not that social either.



Simeze is the most vocal, she will carry a toy mouse around with her miaowing the whole time. Only when you tell her what a clever cat she is, will she stop!! She is slightly cross-eyed too, so you are never sure what she is looking at!



Harley is a stray, dumped in our local park at 6 weeks old! 2 boys found her & took her to their neighbor. She knew we had cats & brought her to us. The first night she was terrified. The only way I could get her to go to sleep, was lay her on my chest inside my dressing gown. She is terrified of storms. She would have been out in them for at least 2 days when she was dumped. I just love her, she's affectionate & will tell you everything the other cats have done when you get home!! Once she has finished tattling, she goes off!

At the time Harley was brought to us, we had just lost our last dog to old age. We have their ashes in urns in my work room. I went in & asked the dogs if they had sent Harley to me & to give a sign so I would know. Jordan used to open doors by standing on his hind legs & pushing the handle down. The next day Harley, even though she was still tiny, jumped up, landed on the door handle & opened the door to the work room. I cried, knowing the dogs had sent her to me.



Garfield is the last one we took in 3 year ago. His owners moved & left him behind. A neighbor found him injured & you guessed it, brought him to me!! We got his leg fixed & had him neutered at the same time. He loves to get on your lap, nead away with his eyes closed & purr like crazy! When he is finished kneading he curls up in your lap. I never thought I would be a cat person. The oldest, Tabby now has diabetes & needs shots twice a day. They each have their own personalities & I wouldn't be without one of them!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

awwwww , I miss having a cat! You have such a huge heart Lin!

Unknown said...

I love this post! I am an animal lover, and cats have a special place in my heart..I have an old tabby (16 years) named...Claws E. Moto..funny, ha! My son got him when he was in the 3rd grade, he is now a soldier, 25 years old! I do believe that they are sent to us...animals definitely have a spiritual aspect to them!

Sheila said...

Oh, they are all so lovely! I have a friend who always hated cats... until she adopted one. Then she realized how great they can be!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Love the name Connie! I believe they are sent to us too. Thank you Cheryl, Sheila I am sure your friend gets great pleasure out of her cat :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila