Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Here's to looking this good!

My Mother-In-Law is quite a lady, 2 years ago she lost her husband after 69 years of marriage. He was quite a character, always making jokes & he was a wonderful husband, father & Grandfather.

I love this picture of him, he was 94 years old when he passed away.



But back to my Mother-In-Law, she has a very social calendar these days. She has a lunch club she goes to every other Tuesday, also a lunch club every Friday. She has been on numerous coach trips & has made quite a few new friends!!

Last Christmas she traveled for the first time by herself to fly out to Florida to spend Christmas with us. The following picture was taken at her Friday Lunch Club before she came out.





My Mother-In_Law never goes out without foundation on & lipstick. She always dresses smartly & makes sure her perfume is on:) I hope that by the time I reach 92 I can look this good too!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Amazing Lin! Sounds like our Grandma who is now 98, although she's got dementia now and has slowed down...but at 92 she too was still going strong!

Sheila said...

Wow, like Cheryl mentioned, she sounds a lot like our grandmother. I hope that if I am blessed enough to live to that age, that I will still be able and energetic!

4 Lettre Words said...

This is such a sweet post, Lin. They're beautiful and I love that they were married so long.

My parents will celebrate #50 in October!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Congratulations to your parents Dina, it's quite an achievement these days!

Like you both Cheryl & Sheila, it's great to have a family member live to such a great age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila