Monday, September 29, 2008

My card was used!!

I got a message this morning from Citicard about activity on my card yesterday. I called them up, someone somehow used my card details yesterday to purchase about $100 of items!!

I used my card in the nail shop Friday & Sears Saturday. Both times I could see my card the whole time. It really freaked me out, they have cancelled the card & are going to issue me with a new one. I am so glad they were quick to check with me, rather than wait until I got my statement, which I always check anyway!!

Always be aware of your card's wherabouts when you shop!



4 comments:

Dawn said...

That is so scary!! I'm glad they didn't charge up more than that! Whew!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

When I got my statment today, they had brought something on-line on September 15th as well! I informed the credit card company about it. They must be abe to catch them, as they have to have the stuff they ordered delivered!!

Dorsey said...

YIKES!!! We had a similar incident years ago, but hubby's whole wallet was stolen. Its REALLY tough when you have to provide more than your date of birth and SS# for verification, since all that could have been found easily in his wallet. Ugh!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Wow Dorsey, I'm sorry you've been through this too! It amazes how they can so easily do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila