Sunday, May 1, 2011

So much has happened!

The last 2 weeks have been quite crazy. My parents arrived on April 12th, they came out to meet their Great Grandson. They were so excited at having nearly a month to spend playing & getting to know him :)






On April 20th we took Emmitt to Homosassa Springs to see the Manatees. We had just got Emmitt in the stroller & were heading for the door into the main area. My Dad was pushing the stroller, all of a sudden my Mum yells that my Dad isn't very well. We got him to a bench & I ran inside to get help.

They called the paramedics & as Dad had a heart attack 25 years ago, they took him to hospital. Now here are my parents visiting from the UK & we are now in a hospital 50 miles from my home. He kept going ito tachycardia. They admitted him & at 4pm we drove home with Emmitt.

Next morning I called the hospital & they had transfered him to the local heart hospital, which was now 80 miles away! We did a 180 mile round trip to see him for 4 days. They got him stable & on April 23rd they implanted a Bilateral Internal Cardio Defibrilator. He has to see his own Cardiologist when he gets home as he also has blockages in his heart from 100-40%. They fly home on May 8th & their insurance company is sending out a Dr to accompany them on the 9 hour flight home.

I'm just thankful it didn't happen on their flight over, he wouldn't have made it. They have been amazed at the wonderful treatment my Dad has received over here. They get to see Emmitt again this next week, before they fly home.

What a time we have had, but I'm thankful he is going to be okay.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

I am so glad that your dad was treated quickly and is doing better now. I will continue to keep in my prayers. :)

Cheryl said...

Relieved to hear that your Dad is doing much better! Will continue to pray for his healing & recovery! xoxo

4 Lettre Words said...

Wow, Lin. I'm so thankful that your dad received the necessary care and I pray that he's back to 100% very soon.

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Thank you all. He's back in the UK now & will be having some stents put in once the Defibrulator has had a chance to settle. He will never be back to what he was before, but he can enjoy life again!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Lin- I did not see this post earlier. I am so sorry that your Dad suffered this misfortune on their trip. How awful...and yet, maybe a blessing in disguise- He was where he needed to be to get good help immediately.

God bless all of you-I know how hard it is for aging parents. Hugs-Diana

Unknown said...

Dear Linn,

I am so sorry that I didn't see this post. Hope all is well with you and Dad and Emmit of course! Hang in there! XOXO Connie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila