Sunday, March 27, 2011

Planting & growing :)

Normally when I get some free seeds through the mail, they don't always grow! I had some free seeds come back in January. Two weeks ago I planted them all in one pot on the deck. Low & behold they started sprouting!!



This morning I started transplanting some of them into 2 pots. Once they get a bit more sturdy I want to put them in the garden :)



When I was in Sam's Club last week I saw a bag of 30 bulbs. They were Caladium plants which have different colored leaves. The only problem is you won't know until they grow, what you have planted! I have already put 4 outside in a circular flower bed. I planted 5 more today in pots.



Hopefully once they are all flowering & the plants arre showing their glorious colored leaves I will be able to post & show you!!

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I can't wait to start planting. We can't do any outside plants until after Memorial Day! ugh! I can't wait to see yours bloom though. xxoo Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Lin,
Good for you, doesn't it just feel great to get out in the "dirt" again? I can't wait to see the colors! I was just thinking how fun it will be when your grandson can dig in the dirt with you! Cheers! Connie

Sheila said...

Congrats! I have the worst green thumb ever - when people used to give me plants, I would take them to work because every attempt I have made to grow a plant or keep one alive at home fails.

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Thanks ladies. That seems a while away yet Diana. I know Emmitt will have fun once he can Connie! Sheila I could never gorw anything back in the UK. It's only since we have lived in Florida that things grow!

Beth Jones said...

OH, I love Cosmos! I've got a free pack of those too, lol! I love it! This might be a really good year for gardens, I think. Least I'm hoping, LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila