Saturday, September 11, 2010

Poem for Myrtle ( a good friend who passed away)

Friday September 10th, I lost a very good friend to Pancreatic cancer. I have known her for 5 years through the computer. We had never met, but she was the sweetest, most wonderful lady I have had the honor to know.

This Poem I wrote today, I love you Myrtle, RIP.

You left this earth on the wings of Angels,
No longer in pain, you are now at peace,
You left so many friends & family,
We mourn for you, but know your in a better place.

I will remember your voice,
Your joy, your love, your understanding,
These things I will hold dear,
As will others who remember you.

One day we will meet again,
friendships renewed & tales to tell,
Until that day, you will be in my heart,
Love you today, tomorrow & always.

5 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

So sorry to hear this, Lin. I know she would love this beautiful tribute. XO!

NanaDiana said...

Lin-I am sorry for you and for her family. It is always hard to lose a friend...and sometimes the friendships from afar are even closer than the ones we share with "old" friends.

You wrote a beautiful sentiment..what a lovely tribute to her...and a testimony to what a wonderful woman she was...Hugs to you my sweet friend- Diana

Cheryl said...

Oh Lin, that is absolutely a beautiful poem! I know Myrtle was such a dear friend to you, and to so many of us MM'ers...she will be greatly missed {{{hugs}}}

Dawn said...

Lin, the poem is just beautiful. I know she would have loved it.

It's so heartbreaking to lose such a good friend. She was such a lovely lady and freind.

Unknown said...

Oh what a sweet tribute to a special friend. How fortunate she was to have you when she was on this earth...and for eternity.

May the Lord comfort and bless you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila