Monday, June 28, 2010

Should be interesting!

We got our Verizon bill in today, Hubby has been getting cross for the last few months that the TV package kept going up.

He told me he was going to call them first thing this morning. When he came off the phone he said, you still have a phone to use & the internet, but the TV is gone!! What, no TV!!

He said if we wait a while we will get an offer for new customers, then we will get a better rate. Okay, how long do we go without, 2 months!!!! That's right, 2 months!!!!!!

I have a 4 year old coming to stay today til Thursday. He likes to get up in the mornings & watch the cartoon network. I went onto the internet & bookmarked Nickleodeon. They play all of his favorite shows. So for the next 8 weeks, I will have to catch my shows on the computer, the day after. Hubby will be traveling, he will get to watch TV in the hotel! I will just have to get my books out & read.

Maybe it's a good thing, getting back to basics, having conversations & listening to music. We shall see how I fare over the next 2 months!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

We were tired of the rate hikes as well, so we got rid of cable and just use the computer for anything we can't view on the local channels.

Poor Scott has had to watch much of the World Cup in Spanish, but he's just glad he got to see it. :)

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

If we hooked the antenna up in the loft we could get local channels. We haven't done that though. I just have to check everything on the computer!

Cheryl said...

I think I might be able to live without cable, but Robert wouldn't be able to!!

P.S. I have a blog-award for you Lin! http://theorchidribbon.blogspot.com/2010/07/first-award-update-on-allen.html

Donna Perugini said...

Amazing how we get so attached to our tv's and computers. Today I haven't been able to get online and check my email. I can't even get through the busy signal on my land line phone to reach our internet provider! I tried going through my online way to get the email via the provider and nada.

Remember when all we had available was local channels? And how we depended on our land line phones to speak with anyone? People everywhere are giving up their land lines and just keeping cell phones. SKYPE is the computer answer to free phone service. Progress is happening faster than ever in our lives...I love it and I hate being dependent on it.
I can see why people go 'off the grid'. I just don't like being 'pushed off the grid', especially when we're paying for it.
Oops! My cranky, upset customer side is showing!
Hope you get your life back soon in the 'world on the grid'. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila