Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm a Nana:)

I thought that I was prepared to become a Nana! When we got the call at 3.20a.m this morning that they were at the hospital, I couldn't put one foot in front of the other! I got myself dressed on auto pilot, then we left for the hospital. We were there by 4am. We were able to go straight back with Brandy's sister. They only let 3 people be in the room at one time. When Janet arrived (Brandy's Mom) I left to allow her to go in.

At 8.52am Emmitt Charles Ridley entered the world. He christened the Dr, I wonder how many boys do that! I got to go back 15 minutes after he had been born. I was ready to meet my first Grandchild! His eyes were open, taking everything in. When I looked into those eyes, held that little hand, my heart melted! I was a gooey mess of loving & wanting to pick that baby up & defend him with everything I had!

Seeing my Son get to hold him for the first time, that was a proud moment, it was a wonder i could focus to take the picture! Brandy was given Emmitt to feed him & he was a pro! He then went 5 hours before he was fed again! He is a very contented baby. I am now in the official Grandparents Club! I'm not the first & I won't be the last.

Let me tell you though, when you find out you are going to be a Grandparent it's a wonderful thing, but when you hold that baby in your arms, be prepared! I am in awe, relishing what is to come & knowing that little guy will hold my heart forever:)










4 comments:

Dawn said...

Lin, I am so happy for you. He's just adorable!!

Sheila said...

Oh, Congratulations Lin!!! He is so sweet! :)

oopalmoo said...

Congrats Nana! He sure is adorable!!!

Lin https://linridley.miche.com/Home said...

Thank you for the comments:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila